Tuesday 14 January 2014

Risky walking

What a beautiful morning! Glorious sunshine and a hard frost is a lovely combination: the frost highlighting everything and showing off their shapes, and the sunlight glittering off the frost. Just a shame about the black ice. A good excuse to slow down and take some photos though...








The last photos are of one of the old almshouses in the town, the 17th century chapel in the courtyard, and looking back at the bell over the entrance. They're still in use, providing homes for elderly, and you're welcome to have a look around the courtyard and chapel. I couldn't resist how beautiful it was.


Home after my very slippery walk, to a welcome from my tulips. I couldn't help it after yesterday was so miserable, and Lucy and Heather always show such lovely pictures of their flowers, leading me into temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment