Friday 3 January 2014

Taking the plunge...

Today's the day... after faffing around for a while, I've finally got around to starting the blog. It's probably going to be a lot of waffling about me and what I get up to, which is mainly looking after my 10 month old daughter and trying to fit in various bits of crafting. I'm fairly eclectic in what I craft, but at the moment I knit, crochet and create felted dragons, hence the name! 

I live in a Cotswold town, and have a slightly obscured but beautiful view of the local hill. Today was pretty miserable with lots of gusting wind and driving rain, though much nicer than some parts of the UK, as it was interspersed by some brief moments of sunshine. I love it when the sun streams through and lights up the buildings and trees with black clouds behind showing fantastic contrast. The raindrops on the window and a baby keeping me inside prevented me getting a good picture though. 


Obligatory complain about the weather over, here is a small selection of the dragons I've made. The blues are what I'd normally make for myself while the pink was a commission for a friend's daughter. 




Here's hoping my next blog post is a bit more me, rather than starting nerves (daft I know, but that's me; daft, but hopefully in a good way).

No comments:

Post a Comment