Saturday 15 February 2014

Birthday and baking

Today R is a whole one year old! We had a lovely gathering of her family: parents, grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncles and a great uncle. She had a great day, opening and playing with lots of presents, eating lots of cake, and generally revelling in being the centre of attention. All this has worn me out so instead of blogging about today, here's a post that I meant to make a while ago: banana muffins.


This was the state of the bananas in the fruit bowl and I really can't eat bananas this overripe. I find they're just too overpowering, there's something chemical about them at this stage. I didn't want to waste them though so baking was the order of the day. I went about trawling the internet for a simple recipe that Mr could eat and that I had all the ingredients for.


I'm incapable of baking without making a mess. I can start with the surfaces being pristine, but within moments the ingredients seem to spread themselves everywhere and I end up all a-clutter.


Not my finest moment putting the mix in cases either, but they were only to help use up the bananas so why be fussy. I had halved the recipe (here) but there was plenty enough mix to fill the cases.






It certainly passed the taste test. R managed to make more mess than I did, the spatula being abandoned moments later in favour of getting her hands (and head) straight in the bowl.


The finished article. I took some round to a friends to eat while having a cuppa and a natter, and some got eaten that evening, and by then there wasn't enough to take a decent photo - probably a good sign that they were pretty tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment